Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The joy of the flu...

Ah yes, folks, yours truly is recovering from a super fun bout with the flu. Sense the sarcasm? Oh, and we're not talking about the "cold" type of flu, we're talking full on puking. It started Monday night and I'm praying it will be over tonight (Wednesday). On the up side, I've lost 7 pounds. Yay skinny jeans! On the down side, I'm pretty sure I never want to eat again.

I hate the flu! I realize no one actually likes it, but it's just so horrible. The flu makes you puke, which is, in and of itself, awful. Beyond that, it literally sucks the life out of you. You know you need to eat, because your body is empty, and yet, you are terrified to eat anything. So, you don't eat and you lay in bed all day feeling weak. The best part is when the pounding headache kicks in, that was so much fun.

I wanted to try and eat yesterday, but was too nervous. I was brave and made a super quick trip to the Casey's down the street. It had been about 12 hours since my last RUN to the bathroom, so I figured I was safe. I had my 3 bottles of 7up and I was on my way home. About 2 minutes from my house, I could tell I wouldn't make it TO my house without being sick. Oh yes folks, I had to stop in front of the daycare a few blocks from my house, open my car door, and get sick. If ever there was a low point... Luckily, my friend Carrie called later that afternoon and made a Target run for me. I wasn't about to risk roadside puking again. Thanks Carrie!

Today was still a little iffy, but when I was able to keep down a bowl of rice krispies and a banana, I counted my blessings. Here's to NONE of you getting the flu - I do not recommend it!

No comments: