Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Headphones it is!

It's official, I've committed to run the Illinois Marathon in April. I guess I should probably register at some point. This will be marathon #5 for me, and hopefully, my best marathon yet. I was holding out, waiting to see if they would allow headphones. I checked their website last night and lo and behold, under rules & regulations, what should I see?

Headphones, Etc.: Since the USATF has amended its rule on the wearing of earphones, headphones, I-Pods, MP3 Players and similar electronic devices at sanctioned events, these items will be allowed in all of our events. See our Headphone Policy for more information.

I know, it's a little silly to be excited about this, but come on. If I'm going to be running for a little less than 4 hours...I better have some listening enjoyment!

For some reason, I was super pumped after reading this. Now I'm SO excited for this marathon! Several people from our local running club are going as well, so it should be a fun race.

While I want to meet my goal time, I'll be thrilled just to complete my 5th marathon.

Happy running!

No comments: