Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A new day...

I know, I know...everyone is talking about this monumental day. I won't belabor the point, but felt I should write something. This entry is not meant to offend Republicans or Democrats...it's just my thoughts. I don't want to get into a debate over this!

I myself am excited that we have a new president (yes, I'm a Democrat)! I'm not putting President Bush down, anyone who has this job will make mistakes and have incredibly tough decisions to make.

But, I think President Obama will lead our nation out of this mess and into something better. As I went to sleep last night, I said my prayers. I prayed for & about the normal stuff I usually pray about. Then I prayed for Barack Obama. I prayed that God would guide his heart in every decision he makes. I prayed that God would give him courage and strength for this huge undertaking before him. I prayed that this country would unite behind him so we can work together to move forward.

I know a lot of Republicans who like to tell me what a mess Barack is going to make. I've been shocked at the hatred people have expressed. While I disagree with Bush and some of the things he did, I don't think I've ever said I hated him. I respect him and know that he probably made those decisions with the best of intentions.

I think it's time for everyone to realize - Barack IS OUR PRESIDENT! So, we have the choice to stand behind him and move forward or keep wishing what might have been. This country can do better and we SHOULD do better. My prayer is that we will, but we have to be willing to do the work.

1 comment:

Jen Rife said...

J and I were talking last night about all the inauguration parties going on. I wonder if people are so pumped because Obama is in office or if they were just celebrating that Bush is done. I for one was celebrating that Bush's term is over. Obama was not my first choice for Prez, but in the wake of his predecessor, he can't NOT make a difference.